Privacy and Cookies Policy
Les Hommes d’Amsterdam, as described in this Policy (hereinafter: (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collects, stores, processes, uses and discloses personal information about you in connection with your use of the http://www.leshommesamsterdam.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto or when you visit our store (collectively, the “Site”).
At Les Hommes d’Amsterdam we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy describes what personal data we collect, how we will use that data and how we will protect it. For all other information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions. If we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our Website.
1. What type of information do we collect?
For the purposes described in this Policy, we may collect the following categories of personal information:
• Identification and Contact information (such as name, address, phone number or e-mail address), when you are willing to provide them for instance to sign up for an online account or newsletter, to participate in an event, to make a purchase, or ID information necessary when you request a VAT-refund or a “click and collect” service in store.
• Payment information: for instance credit card details, bank account numbers, or other payment details which you must provide to receive products or services you have ordered from us.
• Demographic information like your birthday.
• Your image when you visit our store (as CCTVS are in place)
• Preferences and interests which you choose to disclose in the course of your privileged contacts or encounters with our client advisors (which may include your preferences about our collections or other luxury brands, your size, your lifestyle, or basic information on your family circle)
• Information you submit or post in a public space, on our social media pages or our website, for example for a product review.
• Information about your purchases online or in stores. This could include the products you purchased and their prices.
• If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using, and your browsing behaviour.
• We may also collect information posted on third party websites or social media platforms about Les Hommes d’Amsterdam products and services, when necessary for the purposes defined hereunder.
Your personal information is collected either directly from you (e.g., if you create an account on our Site or make a purchase or otherwise interact with our client advisors in stores), or from you passively (e.g., when using tracking tools like browser cookies), or from third parties (e.g. through social media platforms). If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested to perform a contract or when required by law, you will not be able to receive the product or service you ordered or otherwise register on our Site or other media.
2. How do we use your personal information?
Your data will enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve our website and our services to you. We may also send you from time to time (by email or post) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Les Hommes d’Amsterdam. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you can inform us about your marketing preferences through any email newsletter – these all contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or update your information.
If you purchase items through our Site (www.leshommesamsterdam.com) we will use your information to contact you for marketing purposes that we feel will be of interest to you. As a business it is our legitimate interest is to promote our products and services to you. However, you have the right to object to this by unsubscribing from all our marketing by using the unsubscribe option from any newsletter you receive from us, or by contacting us directly at [email protected]
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
3. What information do we share with others?
We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research, marketing and advertising services (including advertising on third party websites, social media networks and profiling) and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Les Hommes d’Amsterdam. We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws and we will treat the information in a manner consistent with this Privacy & Cookies Policy. Furthermore, we may share part of your personal data with any third party as part of any business restructuring or reorganization (including dissolution or liquidation). This includes if we are merged of all or part of our business or assets are transferred, assigned or sold. However, we will not pass your information on to any other third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have agreed for us to do so.
4. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are saved on your data carrier. Cookies don’t contain any recognisable personal information and help us tailor our website to suit you and to reflect your tastes and browsing habits.
5. What information is stored in Cookies?
The cookies used by this website are never used to store any personal information and cannot be traced back to an individual user. Cookies are given an ID number which is solely used for internal reference and cannot be used to identify the user or access any personal information.
6. How do I delete Cookies?
If you want to delete any cookies that are on your computer, kindly refer to the support section on your internet browser for instructions. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting Cookies will have a negative impact on your experience of this and other websites. Kindly note that by deleting our cookies you may not be able to access certain features of this website.
We are happy to help you with any other question you might have by sending us an e-mail to [email protected]